Wednesday, May 5, 2010

R.I.P someone whom i do not know at all.

Below was a post I had taken from this website : http://ready2beat.com/internet/blogs/melissa-toh-blog-melissa-toh-temasek-poly/linkout
It is about a young poly girl who committed suicide. I do not know why she did it which is not worth it at all but well, she already left the world..She was from Temasek Poly and from the entries i read, she was talented at drawing and she is a beautiful young lady. If anyone of you happened to know more about this please feel free to comment.


I saw the signs and predicted it in my heart when I saw the others cry. But when it was revealed to be true, my heart sank. It was as if everything just stopped for a moment, it was as if my whole inner being was suspended in time.

My friend, Melissa Toh, took her life early on Wednesday morning. Leaving everyone shocked and grieving. I love her drawings, and I read her blog sometimes. I love her poems, and I liked the way she expresses herself not only through words but also through her drawings. Most people might term my relationship with her more of an acquaintance than a friend, but no. In my heart, Melissa was a friend.

For the past few years of my life, I saw a girl who was beautiful and her smile never left her face. Whether it was out of politeness or just a simple gesture, her smile was always there. And every time I close my eyes now I see her smile that will forever reside in me. I never quite knew her, but I was very fond of her. And even though I had hardly talked to her, I loved her as a friend. I guess it's like we see each other around school all the time, and now she's not there anymore. She's just gone. It's like I've assignment a place in my heart for each person I've seen or encountered in my life whether big or small and I loved them as a person, for who they were and what I saw in them. And now that she's gone, it feels like a part of me left with her.

I cried because sometimes when I read her blog and I knew she was feeling upset, I didn't have the courage to encourage her to put some positive input in her life. I cried because I wished I knew her better but I never got to. I cried because I realised how much her presence itself had affected my life. I cried thinking about what she had felt in her last moments. I cried thinking she must have felt so alone. I cried thinking about the sorrow her mother must feel right now. And I cried because I realised I didn't know how to get some closure out of this. This is the 2nd death of someone I've experience. The first being my grandfather and I realised I never got to honestly say goodbye to him in my own special way.

In a life full of hurts and despair,
my only hope comes in Jesus.

On the bus all the way back home as I was crying over so many issues, I prayed with all my heart for Melissa. And then I started to cry for all my friends. That God, You do something in everyone's lives. Replace that hurt and despair with the hope of Jesus. That through this life on earth, we'll see that there's a greater purpose behind it. That at the end of the day, what matters is that when we all die, we'll be with you in Heaven forever more.

And with a tear stained face I find comfort in that fact that my only only constant is You Lord. Thank You God for being with me every step of the way.

There is also a link for you guys to join the facebook group if you think you want to send any condolences. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121170341232607&v=wall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home